How to use ES Systems’ pressure conversion tool
This pressure units converter can be used to convert one pressure measurement unit to another.
Step 1: Enter the value you want to convert in the “from” box.
Step 2: Select the corresponding unit from the drop-down menu underneath it.
Step 3: Select the unit to convert to, from the drop-down menu under the “to” box.
Step 4: The conversion will be shown inside the “to” box.
Please note: You can copy and paste values from the boxes.
How to convert pressure units
The units of pressure most commonly used and converted are the following:
- pascal (Pa), kilopascal (kPa), megapascal (MPa)
- psi (pound per square inch)
- torr (mmHg)
- atm (atmospheric pressure)
How to convert atm to other pressure units
Wondering how to convert atm to mmHg and what is atm?
An atmosphere (atm) is a unit of measurement and equals to the air pressure at sea level, at a temperature of 15 Celsius.
- atm to bar → 1 atm = 1.01325 bar
- atm to psi → 1 atm = 14.6959 psi
- atm to torr → 1 atm = 760 torr (mmHg)
- atm to kPa → 1 atm = 101.325 kPa
- atm to Pa → 1 atm = 101325 pascals
- atm to MPa → 1 atm = 0.101325 MPa
How to convert bar to other pressure units
Do you want to know what is bar and how to convert bar to psi in one simple move?
Bar is a metric pressure unit, although not a part of the official International System of Units (SI).
It equals to 100 kilopascals which is almost equal to the atmospheric pressure.
- bar to millibar → 1 bar = 1000 millibars
- bar to atm → 1 bar = 0.986923 atm
- bar to psi → 1 bar = 14.5038 psi
- bar to torr → 1 bar = 750.062 torr (mmHg)
- bar to kPa → 1 bar = 100 kPa
- bar to Pa → 1 bar = 100000 pascals
- bar to MPa → 1 bar = 0.1 MPa
- bar to inHg → 1 bar = 29.529983071 inHg
- bar to kg/cm² → 1 bar = 1.019716213 kg/cm²
How to convert Milimeters of Mercury to other pressure units
Interested in learning what is mmHg and how to convert it to other pressure units?
A millimeter of mercury is a manometric unit of pressure, defined as exactly 133.322387415 pascals.
- mmHg to atm → 1 mmHg = 0.0013157858376511226 atm
- mmHg to bar → 1 mmHg = 0.00133322 bar
- mmHg to kPa → 1 mmHg = 0.133322 kPa
- mmHg to Pa → 1 mmHg = 133.322 Pa
How to convert Pascal (Pa) to other pressure units
Do you know what is a Pa? Pascal is a unit of pressure in the metric system, equal to 1 newton per square meter. It has several multiples and sub-multiples that are formed using the standard SI units that are also commonly used.
Commonly used multiples of Pascal: hectopascal (hPa), kilopascal (kPa) and megapascal (MPa), Commonly used sub-multiples: milipascal (mPa), nanopascal (nPa) etc.
- Pa to kPa → 1 pascal = 0.01 kPa
- Pa to MPa → 1 pascal = 0.000001 MPa
- Pa to atm → 1 pascal = 0.000009869 atm
- Pa to bar → 1 pascal = 0.00001 bar
- Pa to psi → 1 pascal = 0.000145 psi
- Pa to torr → 1 pascal = 0.0075 torr (mmHg)
How to convert Psi (Pound Force Per Square Inch) to other pressure units
Learning how to convert psi to bar is rather easy!
Psi is a pressure unit and equals to the force of one pound applied to one square inch.
- psi to atm → 1 psi = 0.068046 atm
- psi to bar → 1 psi = 0.0689476 bar
- psi to kpa → 1 psi = 6.89476 kPa
- psi to Pa → 1 psi = 6894.76 pascals
- psi to Mpa → 1 psi = 0.00689476 MPa
- psi to torr → 1 psi = 51.715 torr (mmHg)
- psi to inhg → 1 psi = 2.0360206576 inHg
- psi to kg/cm² → 1 psi = 0.07030695783 kg/cm²